resilience innovation facilities
From inner city Fab Labs to rural innovation centers
A little bit of history
But locally relevant
The Resilience Collective Innovation facilities are created by looking at the local issues, communities, constraints and opportunities.
These spaces are equipped with different tools, machines and materials
Some have large format CNC mills and laser cutters, some small 3D printers and sewing machines, some have it all.
What links the RIFs is the digital nature of the tools and the machines. Because the printers, mills and cutters are all computer controlled, we can collaboratively design, share files and workshop formats and learn together.
technology and digital inclusion
- Access and training to digital technology and resources
- Access and training to digital services and tools for safer mobility
- Access and training to digital fabrication and design
- Access and training to digital financial inclusion
- Digital Leadership and connexion with local and global networks
- Objective: Reduce the technology and digital divide among children and youth affected by migration.
Protection & Psychosocial Well-being
- Methodologies supporting agency & empowerment for psycho-social resilience
- Transversal skills acquisition supporting 6 well being pillars for children and youths (Taking responsibility, trust building, communication, collaboration, emotional management, creative thinking)
- Children and Youth led participatory Action research
- Objective: Enable children and youth affected by migration to feel safe and secure, feel connected, feel worthy and recognized, feel respected and make them believe in their future and keep hope.
Innovation & Entrepreneurship
- Human-centered for Child- and Youth-Led Innovation as a co-creation (Design Thinking & Design Sprint)
- Search for aspiration and purpose in life
- Share the spirit of entrepreneurship and undertaking a project
- Incubation and acceleration of Child- and Youth-Led projects
- Objective: Support bottom-up design and innovation to empowering children and youth affected by migraton to develop their own solutions.
Education & Vocational Training
- Participatory teaching methods (Build to Think, Build to Learn)
- Learner-centered, problem-solving and technology-supported pedagogical models
- Tertiary education
- Formal and Informal learning
- Vocational training
- Higher education, including degree programs and open studies certificate
- Objective: Acquisition of new skills and knowledge to foster employability among children and youth affected by migration.